Facts about Kidney Disease:
- 26 million American adults have chronic kidney disease (that's 1 in 9 U.S. adults!)
- Simple blood and urine tests can detect early kidney disease (blood creatinine, estimate of glomerular filtration rate [GFR], blood pressure and tests for protein and blood in the urine
- People with diabetes, hypertension, heart disease and family history of kidney disease are at highest risk
- We can help prevent the progression to kidney failure
What is a Nephrologist?
An expert in the field of:
- kidney disorders including chronic kidney disease, kidney failure needing dialysis and transplant therapy
- problems with swelling and fluid accumulation
- electrolyte imbalances such as sodium, potassium, and calcium disturbances
KIDNEY & HYPERTENSION MEDICINE, P.C.
Ron O. Chay, M.D.Staten Island Board Certified Nephrologist